Patrick Mahomes Raises Concern With Behavior After Chiefs Loss
With the Kansas City Chiefs facing the possibility of missing the playoffs for the first time in more than a decade, Patrick Mahomes can’t afford to waste any more time feeling bad for himself.
The Chiefs quarterback was seen acting dejected after the team’s loss to division-leading Denver Broncos earlier this month, but took on a different demeanor after their Thanksgiving loss to the Dallas Cowboys.

The Chiefs may need to run the table to reach the postseason, and they will have an angry Mahomes at the helm the rest of the way.
Patrick Mahomes ‘Ticked Off’ After Comeback Bid Falls Short
The Chiefs scrambled for a late rally against the Cowboys, but fell short despite getting 261 yards and four touchdowns from Mahomes. The Athletic’s Jesse Newell reported that the two-time MVP was angry over the missed opportunities.
“No, this wasn’t a remorseful Mahomes. This was a ticked-off one,” Newell reported. “Yes, the Chiefs might be more talented than they were a year ago, when they ran through the regular season at 15-2 and made the Super Bowl. And their ceiling could be even higher, given the moments of success that look oh-so-easy at certain points each game.”
The frustration showed through some of the answers from Mahomes, who said he believes this is still a Super Bowl-caliber team.
“We can beat everybody, but we’ve shown that we can lose to anybody,” Mahomes said. “We’ve got to be more consistent.”
The Chiefs played especially sloppy in Thursday’s loss, committing 10 penalties including five for pass interference. While some of the calls were seen as questionable, Mahomes said his team needs to stop making so many mistakes.
“That’s the kind of stuff we’ve done all year long,” Mahomes said.
Chiefs Now Have a Coin-Flip Chance of Making the Playoffs
As ESPN reported, Thursday’s loss dropped the Chiefs to 6-6 and close to a coin-flip chance of making the playoffs. They had a 63% chance of a postseason berth going into the game, but ESPN Analytics calculated they now have just a 47% chance.
With five remaining games against AFC opponents, Mahomes said there is no more margin for error.
“We’re going to play a lot of good teams coming up,” Mahomes said. “If we’re going to make the playoffs, we’re going to have to win them all. That’s got to be the mindset when we step into the [training facility] when we get back.”
Mahomes stressed that his team needs to remain consistent, which has been a problem both in games and across weeks. The team started 0-2, then won five of the next six games to reach 5-3. That brought them briefly back to the top of Super Bowl odds, but that quickly faded as the Chiefs went 1-3 over their next four games.
That will need to chance if the Chiefs want to return to the postseason, Mahomes said.
“We’ve had big plays and we’ve had runs where we can really score at any time, but we’ve got to be consistent for four quarters, especially when you play good teams and they have a good offense,” Mahomes said.
BREAKING: Boston Red Sox’s Controversial Move Sends Shockwaves Through MLB — A Bold Decision or a Major Mistake?


BOSTON — In a decision that has left fans, analysts, and former players alike scratching their heads, the
This trade, which sent Devers and a significant portion of the team’s future prospects to Los Angeles in exchange for a package that includes some lesser-known players and a few draft picks, has immediately ignited a firestorm of controversy in Red Sox Nation.
“It’s a slap in the face to every fan who has supported this team through thick and thin,” said David Ortiz, Red Sox legend. “Rafael Devers is one of the best players in baseball, and to just trade him away like that? It’s unbelievable. This decision will haunt this team for years to come.”
A Franchise in Crisis?
While the Red Sox management insists that the trade is part of a long-term rebuilding strategy, many are questioning the wisdom of trading away a homegrown superstar who has been the face of the team for years. Critics argue that this is a desperate attempt to clear salary space for what is perceived as a lackluster free-agent market, and that it may signal a deeper issue with the direction of the team.
Chaim Bloom, the Red Sox’s Chief Baseball Officer, has defended the move by arguing that the trade will ultimately benefit the team’s future by adding young talent and improving the team’s financial flexibility.
“While Rafael Devers is an incredible player, we believe this trade will set us up for sustained success in the long run,” Bloom said in a press conference. “We are building a team for the future, not just for today.”
Fan Reactions: Outrage and Betrayal
The reaction from fans has been nothing short of explosive. Social media has been flooded with messages of anger and betrayal, with hashtags like #DeversDeservedBetter
"I’ve been a Red Sox fan for over 30 years, and I’ve never been this disgusted with the direction of this team," said
Even former Red Sox players have chimed in on the move, with Pedro Martinez calling it a “tragic mistake” and Jim Rice stating that the trade could have long-term negative consequences on the Red Sox brand.
“Trading away a guy like Devers, who has all the tools to be a Hall of Famer, is not just about baseball,” Rice said. “It’s about losing the trust of your fanbase. It’s a betrayal.”
The Front Office Under Fire
The trade has not only ignited fan backlash but has also raised questions about the Red Sox front office’s decision-making process. Some believe that the team’s focus on rebuilding is misguided and that the trade represents a failure to recognize the immediate potential of a lineup that still has talented players like J.D. Martinez and Xander Bogaerts.
Critics have also pointed out that the trade was made without consulting key veterans in the locker room, leading to whispers of discontent among the players.
“We’re all in shock. We didn’t see this coming,” one anonymous Red Sox player told reporters. “We thought Devers was the future of this team. It’s hard to understand what’s going on behind the scenes right now.”
Will This Trade Define the Future of the Red Sox?
As the dust settles and the 2025 season approaches, the Red Sox face an uncertain future. Will this trade ultimately pay off and lead to a brighter future for the team? Or will it go down as one of the most reckless and shortsighted moves in franchise history?
For now, one thing is clear: the Red Sox have made their most controversial move in years, and the fallout from this decision will reverberate through Fenway Park for a long time to come.
Only time will tell if Chaim Bloom’s rebuilding vision will lead the team back to glory, or if this trade will mark the beginning of a long and painful decline for a once-proud franchise.