Vikings Get Clear Message From QB After Making Critical Decision
The Minnesota Vikings are facing the Seattle Seahawks in Week 13, and head coach Kevin O’Connell announced that they will have rookie undrafted free agent Max Brosmer, not second-year first-round draft pick J.J. McCarthy, under center.
McCarthy remains in concussion protocol after getting banged up in Week 12 against the Green Bay Packers and experiencing symptoms postgame.

He practiced all week, but O’Connell ruled the Vikings would have their third starter this season.
Max Brosmer Sends Clear Message

Brosmer, who spent his final season in college at Minnesota, where O’Connell got his first look at the young QB, spoke candidly about the opportunity ahead of him.
“It was a great week, man. It’s a lot of fun being there with the guys and applying, kind of, what I felt like I’ve learned over … so much of the season so far,” Brosmer told reporters on November 28. “It’s a blessing to be out here with the guys. And I’m very grateful for it and can’t wait to go out there on Sunday with the guys.”
He also made it clear how locked in he is ahead of his first NFL start.
“I pride myself on being the most prepared guy on the field at all times. And that’s just something that I feel like caters to my strengths. And I was never the most athletic guy, never the strongest guy. But I felt like I could do it better with my mind on the field, and that’s playing NFL quarterback in my opinion. And I’m always challenging myself to do that to the best of my ability,” Brosmer said.
“There’s going to be ups and downs, but it’s about mental resiliency through the game. And I felt like the guys did a really good job with that this week. Where things may not be perfect, but we’re getting the play off and executing the play well.”
Brosmer said that is “all” he and the Vikings “hope” to get when they are on the field as an offense.
Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell Gives Max Brosmer Vote of Confidence With J.J. McCarthy in Concussion Protocol

O’Connell, who is known for his ability to speak positivity unto quarterbacks, offered just that for Brosmer as he prepares to take the reins for the Vikings this week.
“Regarding the QB position, we are going to rule out J.J. McCarthy. He was not able to clear the concussion protocol. Pleased with where he’s at. He’s progressing, but just not able to clear the last few steps. And quite honestly, just I have pretty strong feelings on just when guys do get a concussion, and where they’re at in regards to the next week. Always want to leave it open to the doctor’s ultimate to say and decision, and the protocol is in place for a reason,” O’Connell told reporters on November 28.
“Max had a really good week of practice. His preparation started long before this week, with how he’s prepared being either a snap away or even throughout training camp, and since he’s been here. I know the guys have a lot of confidence in him, and I’m very excited to see him play based upon the work he’s put in, and just how important I know this opportunity is to him. And these guys are going to play great around them, and we’re going to go compete on Sunday.”
O’Connell has endorsed McCarthy as the team’s starter, and Vikings players have voiced support for both players in the respective context. Still, it is a significant opportunity for Brosmer amid McCarthy’s persistent struggles as the Vikings’ starter this season.
Max Brosmer Gets Bad News Before 1st Start

Unfortunately for Brosmer, the Vikings’ injury woes extend beyond the quarterback position, including to his offensive line.
“Donovan Jackson will be ruled out,” O’Connell said. “We’ll have five players questionable. Christian Darrisaw, Jonathan Greenard, Theo Jackson, Josh Metellus, and Jalen Redmond, all questionable for the game. Nobody else will go in with a designation.”
Darrisaw is the Vikings’ starting left tackle and Jackson the starter at left guard.
Darrisaw still has an opportunity to play and protect Brosmer’s blind side. But both players have already missed two games this season. So, the final decision is not a given.
Jerry Jones Tried to Trade Micah Parsons for Quinnen Williams and the Jets Said No

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently revealed that he offered Micah Parsons plus a first-round pick to the Jets in exchange for Quinnen Williams during training camp.

“I wanted a one and Parsons for Williams,” Jones said on 103.5 The Fan. That seems like an absurd offer, but Jones left little up to interpretation.
“A one and Parsons for Williams,”
Jones also said something similar to WFAA’s Ed Werder:
Parsons, of course, was instead sent to the Packers for defensive tackle Kenny Clark and two first-round picks. The Cowboys later acquired Williams before the trade deadline for a package including a 2027 first-rounder, a 2026 second-rounder, and defensive tackle
Jones has slowly revealed more and more information about the Parsons trade since it was completed. During a September radio appearances on ESPN New York, Jones said that called the Jets regarding Williams when he was shopping Parsons before the season. The Jets were not interested, he claimed, because they “didn’t have the resources to entertain [the] conversation,” similar to his pronouncement on 103.5.
If Jones’ latest revelation is true, that means two things. First, he was willing to sacrifice a massive amount of value to move Parsons and acquire Williams. Second, the Jets made a huge mistake in not accepting the deal.
Though Williams is an excellent defensive tackle, Parsons is undoubtedly a better and more valuable player, even at a higher price point. This year, Williams has 2.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss this season; per Pro Football Focus (subscription required), he ranks fifth among interior defenders with 40 pressures but 38th with a 12.1% pass rush win rate.
Parsons, meanwhile, has 12.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss, plus 67 pressures and a 24.3% pass rush win rate, both top-three marks among NFL edge rushers. In his career, he has averaged 0.89 sacks and one tackle for loss per game; Williams’ per-game numbers are 0.41 sacks and 0.60 tackles for loss.
Those numbers may not tell the complete story of either player, but it seems like the Jets should have taken Jones’ offer. Sure, they would have had to pony up for Parsons’ mega-extension, but they were already prepared to move on from Williams. Adding an extra first-round pick on top would also give the Jets an opportunity to add another starter – if not a star – on a rookie contract. That would help to offset the financial cost of acquiring Parsons.
But Jones’ words should also be taken with a grain of salt. He has spent a lot of time trying to retroactively justify trading away Parsons, especially after using some of the resulting draft capital to acquire Williams. Claiming that the Jets were not interested in Parsons and a first-rounder for Williams serves to downplay the former’s value and boost the latter’s.
The idea that the Jets could not afford to pay Parsons does not hold water, either. After his extension, the All-Pro edge rusher’s cap hit in 2025 is just $9.97MM. New York certainly could have designed a similar contract structure and absorbed
Perhaps the Jets did want to commit so much money to Parsons as they were clearly contemplating a rebuild. Parsons would still be a cornerstone for that effort, but he may not have wanted to weather any losing seasons in the hopes of a future turnaround. But again, adding another first-round pick would have accelerated that process, and a core of Parsons, cornerback Sauce Gardner, and wide receiver Garrett Wilson seems like a solid foundation for the Jets to build from. That is an expensive trio, but having elite players at three of the sport’s most important positions is a good problem to have.
Instead, the Jets declined the Cowboys’ initial offer for Williams before moving him and Gardner at the deadline as part of what appears to be a full-on franchise reset.