Former World Series Champion Outfielder, Now a Free Agent, Wants to Return to the Yankees – “One Time Wearing the Pinstripes Again Is a Dream Before I Retire”
One of Major League Baseball’s most respected veteran outfielders — a former World Series champion and multiple-time All-Star — has publicly expressed his desire to return to the New York Yankees before hanging up his cleats for good.
![]()
The player in question? Andrew Benintendi, who last played for the Chicago White Sox and remains a free agent after his release earlier this year. A key contributor to Boston’s 2018 World Series title and a midseason spark for the Yankees during their 2022 playoff run, Benintendi says he still dreams of one last shot in the Bronx.
“Getting to wear the pinstripes again would be a dream before I retire,” Benintendi said in a recent interview. “There’s something about playing in New York — the energy, the fans, the tradition. I’ve been fortunate to experience it once, and I’d love nothing more than to finish my career there.”
Benintendi’s connection with the Yankees remains strong. During his brief stint with the team in 2022, he posted a solid .304 on-base percentage and earned praise for his steady defense and leadership in the clubhouse. However, a wrist injury late that season cut his momentum short, and he went on to sign with the White Sox the following year.
Now 31, Benintendi is healthy again and seeking a final opportunity to compete for a championship — and the Yankees, who have struggled to find consistent production in left field, could be an ideal destination.
While New York boasts stars like Aaron Judge and Anthony Volpe, the team has lacked a steady defensive outfielder to round out its lineup. A veteran presence like Benintendi — known for his contact hitting and postseason composure — could be exactly what the Yankees need heading into 2026.
“The Yankees are always built to win,” Benintendi added. “You see the roster, the history, the passion — that’s the standard every player dreams to be part of. If I get one more chance to help them chase a title, I’d take it in a heartbeat.”
At his best, Benintendi was one of baseball’s most complete left fielders — a career .276 hitter with a Gold Glove (2021) and over 80 outfield assists. His leadership and playoff experience could prove invaluable to a Yankees team looking to return to its championship identity.
With free agency heating up and New York expected to pursue veteran depth this winter, fans across the Bronx are already buzzing. And for Andrew Benintendi, one final chapter in pinstripes would be more than a comeback — it would be coming home.
Myles Garrett makes bold prediction about breaking NFL sack record

Myles Garrett has six regular season games remaining to get five more sacks and break the NFL record jointly held by Michael Strahan and T.J. Watt.

While Garrett is focused on helping the 3-8 Cleveland Browns win football games, it’s impossible to ignore that he’s on the doorstep of football history.
Garrett’s 18 sacks through the first 12 games of the season already set a personal record for the talented pass rusher. However, he understands that he’s destined for more.
“I don’t even think about it as a want. I just think about it as something I’m gonna knock down,” Garrett said on Friday. “It’s already been written in my mind that it’s going, it’s just how far I’m gonna take it.”
Sacks are known to come in bunches and that has certainly been the case for Garrett, who has 13 sacks over his last five games. There is almost no debating that the reigning Defensive Player of the Year is playing the best football of his career right now.
Garrett enters Week 13 as a massive -1000 favorite to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year again. He took the award home last season ahead of a very public trade request.
During Garrett’s trade request, he publicly questioned Cleveland’s plans to contend for championships. At 29 years old, Garrett has the personal accolades and now he wants to compete to win a Super Bowl.
This offseason, the Browns must prioritize quickly rebuilding their offense as their defense, headlined by Garrett, is already championship material. As long as Garrett can replicate a season close to this one in 2026, the Browns should be better suited to make the NFL Playoffs as long as they fix their offense.
Earlier this week, Garrett was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Week, tying Browns legend Bernie Kosar for the most of that award in franchise history with five. Garrett sacked Raiders quarterback Geno Smith three times and forced two fumbles in Las Vegas during Cleveland’s much-needed victory.
Despite Garrett’s dominance all season long, Week 12 insultingly marked the first time in 2025 that he received the award.
“They could hand it to him every week as far as I’m concerned,” Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski told reporters once it was announced that Garrett had finally won the weekly honors.
While Garrett probably does deserve the NFL Defensive Player of the Week each and every week as his head coach suggested, his eyes are on a bigger prize – NFL history.